Tuesday, July 7, 2009

marriage is what brings us togezza....today.

Marriage is hard. Harder than I expected and I expected it to be hard. However- marriage has brought a new freedom to love that I wasn’t expecting. However there is another part to it that I didn't think of a part that took me by surprise.

The moment I said (or whispered, really) , ‘I do.’ things immediately changed- but- in a good way.

There is a comfort and safety in marriage. There was a space in my heart that opened up, a space I never knew was there. I am now free to love more than I felt possible before. In this space is the a greater understanding of God’s relationship to the church. A greater understanding of caring for someone other than myself. An urge for forgive and move on, to be honest and open. A willingness to be selfless.
Don’t get me wrong, I am still selfish despite not wanting to be but I feel it fading more and more. I feel my character growing. Despite all of the difficulties- despite how hard this marriage thing is- I love it, and I love my husband.

No comments: